Area of Work: Green Manufacturing
Years of Involvement: March 2009 – March 2010
To promote the use of NREC’s N-ViroMotive GenSet locomotive, the world’s leading diesel-electric ultra low emissions, low noise, high fuel efficiency locomotive.
Creation of a comprehensive plan to promote the N-ViroMotive and green rail that includes both media coordination and a public policy development strategy.
- Building a solid base of support for green rail technology among leaders in the private sector and both local and federal government
- Increasing national and local media attention to the need for environmental improvements in the U.S. rail sector
- Creation of N-ViroMotion newsletter to keep supporters and stakeholders informed of the latest progress on expanding the use of the N-ViroMotive and other green rail innovation around the country
- Production of extensive public materials to spread awareness of the N-ViroMotive, including a 30-page bound book and digital resources
- Redevelopment (in progress) of NREC’s public web presence, to enhance the company’s role as both a source for information and as an organizational ground for the development and promotion of green rail policy
- Facilitation of numerous tours of NREC’s manufacturing sites in the Midwest for interested political and business leaders
- Adoption of GenSet technology as new standards for regional, intercity and commuter rail RFPs
- Introduction of GenSet technology and capabilities to new audiences among local, state and federal governments; environmental activists
- Garnering of national and regional media coverage
- Boosting NREC’s national profile through op-eds, news coverage, and speeches around the country by NREC leadership
- Forging of alliances with key players in the transportation sector and government on a local and federal level to bolster the demand nationally for the creation of green multi-speed rail infrastructure